Director of Global Sourcing
This is a fast growing family business with excellent benefits and culture, located in North Georgia. They are the national leader and expert in the manufacturing and distribution of Insulated Apparel and Accessories for use in extreme conditions. For over 60 years, the company has defined itself through expertise, quality, passion, urgency, focus and integrity. They deliver one of the highest quality garments for the Industrial Apparel sector. They are growing extremely fast.
As Director of Global Resource Development, you will be responsible to create a global sourcing strategy to target manufacturing and procurement of existing and new products in the textile industry. The successful candidate must be able to research, communicate, validate, and qualify new factories and suppliers around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify, inspect, and establish relations with new international suppliers, factories, logistics and transportation companies in various regions of the world
• Must be able to identify and document options for all links within the supply chain
• Lead contributor to corporate global strategic sourcing plan
• Validate international standards of social compliance
• Invent negotiation strategies and establish foundations for business development
• Optimize supply chain functions to attain maximum efficiency
• Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiation power of suppliers
• Perform cost scenario analysis, and benchmarking
• Identify and document risk factors and apply risk management techniques
• Determine capacity and technical capabilities of manufacturing operations
• Travel internationally to countries such as China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Pakistan, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Ethiopia
• Experience in manufacture of clothing, footwear, gloves and/or sewn textile products
• Working knowledge of BSCI, WRAP, SA8000 and international standards of social compliance
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in sourcing, procurement, import/export
• Understanding of global market dynamics and sound business judgement
• Strong project management and leadership skills
• Ability to multi-task and develop multiple opportunities simultaneously
• Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics or business-related field
• Experience in international travel
• Will travel internationally 50% of the time
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.