Senior Quality Engineer
Location: North Carolina
Our client is a leader in the manufacturing of Spunbond/Meltblown Nonwovens selling to the top clients in the global marketplace! They have worldwide locations and are growing their team for strong future success.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer to support quality compliance and improvement activities globally. May on an interim basis act as Plant Quality Manager or Vice President Global Safety & Quality during their absence and for developmental purposes. Position has 6 direct reports. Very exciting position with a thriving global company!
Examples of typical tasks and duties include:
• Lead global projects related to identification and deployment of global best practices including training and auditing
• Lead monthly global IT for QA call
• Coordinate global quality systems activities such as lab testing comparisons
• Perform external supplier assessments, including third party warehouses
• Work on site or remotely with external customers
• Take lead on global system requirements such as document control, global standards development
• Lead third part warehousing quality management systems
• Learn and support software related needs of the QA and lab teams including with: SAP, Quality Windows, QlikView, Minitab, etc.
• Lead, support and/or teach problems solving and root cause analysis.
• Conduct in depth statistical analysis, and have the ability to teach rudimentary statistics
• Audit and teach auditing to a variety of standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and customer specific requirements
• 4-year technical degree
• 4 years quality function experience in manufacturing
• Skills: basic software, statistics, problem solving, communications, quality systems
• BS/MS in a technical field such as engineering, chemistry
• 7 years manufacturing experience in quality assurance, including having worked as a plant quality manager
• Six Sigma Black Belt, ASQ CQE/CQM or CQA
• Experience working with customers such as P&G, KC, Essity
• Experience working in GMP environment
• Experience with nonwovens, preferably SB, SMS, BICO
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.