Product Manager, Technical Materials
Location: Northeast, Not NY or NJ
This exciting company has been in business for over 20 + years and is a leader and innovator in the Industrial, Medical and Aerospace Markets. They offer Knit, Braided and Woven products. They have an incredible team of people at this facility and have very little turnover. Great location where you can live in a smaller town or close by a Major Metropolitan area. They offer full benefits and relocation assistance. If this matches your background, then this is a company you should explore.
The Product Manager, Technical Materials serves as the primary sales and account management contact for Technical Materials and is responsible for executing the sales, customer relationship, and project management strategy consistent with the goals and objectives of the business. This position serves as the external project manager, working cross-functionally with Product Development, R&D, and Marketing, to advance the growth of the Technical Materials business.
• Develops new business and sales opportunities in advancing the growth of the Technical Materials business, including antenna mesh, space composite or textile materials, and new braided, knitted or woven materials used in space related applications
• Manages ongoing business with existing customers, emphasizing revenue growth, customer satisfaction, profitability and project coordination, as well as horizontal growth by leveraging customer relationships into expanded account penetration
• Proactively manages customer expectations and acts as the point-of-contact for customer contact regarding status, production, delivery and billing inquiries
• Develops account plans and revenue forecasts for each customer. Executes pipeline valuations and provides timely and accurate pipeline data
• Partners with the management team in developing long-term forecasts, budgeting and responding to internal reporting requirements
• Ensures that all terms and conditions of the customer contract are understood and met
• Generates customer contact reports and update Sales Force regularly; completes status reports as required
• Prepares quotations for products and service offerings
• Supports Marketing in the analysis of business trends including: sales, customer issues, margins, general market conditions and competitive information
• Maintains current knowledge of new company developments and capabilities to expand product/ service offerings to customers
• Performs other job related responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably with a concentration in Science or Engineering discipline
• A minimum of five (5) years related experience in a business development or process/project related engineering role, preferably dealing with new technology
• Technical materials/technical textiles background, preferred
• Experience with prototyping tools and techniques, preferred
• Experience with fabrication technologies, preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strength in ability to make effective customer sales presentations
• Ability to manage a technical project, understanding the customer’s needs, how the needs relate to the scope of the project and how changes will affect other systems
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to get along well with others and work cross-functionally in a team environment
• Excellent customer service focus and professionalism
• Proficient organizational skills with exceptional time management
• Ability to work in a high paced environment with limited direction
• Proven success in finding new opportunities, selling new technology and establishing research partnerships. A portfolio of contacts and relationships in the space, technical textile industry, preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.