Sales Representative, Textiles
Location: Charlotte or Southeast
This company is a global color and specialty chemicals company committed to innovation, world-class quality standards, high service levels, cost-efficiency and sustainability. They operate with approximately 3000 employees over 35 countries. Through its three businesses: Textile Specialties, Paper Solutions and Emulsion Products, and deliver specialized performance and color solutions to meet customer needs in their local markets. Products enhanced, colors enhanced, performance enhanced our people have a rich tradition of working side by side with our customers as long-term partners and trusted advisors, developing tailored applications and solutions that help customers deliver business success. The diversity of the workforce combined with a commitment to a performance-driven and collaborative culture means our workforce displays a passion and commitment to excellence and innovation. Our people create specialized performance and color solutions designed with relevancy, application and value in mind.
The Sales representative position will be responsible for generating and maintaining sales of Textile chemicals and dyes product portfolio.
• Maintain and service existing business within territory with special emphasis on identifying new business opportunities at existing accounts
• Development and growth of new business, with a dedicated focus on key projects of strategic importance
• Support key pricing initiatives, and maintain account receivables up to date according to agreed payment terms
• Ensure forecasts for account base is reviewed frequently to maximize forecast accuracy
• Keeps management informed by entering call reports into CRM system, as well as active projects. In addition, submits monthly report on sales territory analyses
• Resolves customer complaints by utilizing the QNS process and coordinating closely with customer service, developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
• Keep abreast of competitive products, applications, market conditions, and competitive activities
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry preferred, or related science
• A minimum five (5) years of professional experience in sales and account management, with exposure to marketing and planning; chemical industry required
• Experience in the area of technical textile chemical applications and customer base is preferred. Technical textiles include but is not limited to application of repellents, stain release, odor control, flame retardants, softeners, and polymer emulsions by aqueous finishing and coating application methods
• Thinking out of the box; ability for fast successful actions
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a matrix organization
• Strong sense for technical application and understanding of chemistry
• Strong skills in management of action plans
• A pragmatic entrepreneur, able to build and maintain relationships on different levels, both internally and externally
• Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues; Excellent planning, execution and project - management skills
• Computer literate, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Travel up to 75%+ domestic
Critical Success Factors:
• ACTS pillars
• Ability to grow business and substantially improve revenue
• Self-Directed work ethic
• Strong communication skills internally as well as externally
• Strong entrepreneurial thinking
• A creative, yet pragmatic problem solver; Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.