Senior Textile Product Designer
Location: Dallas, TX
Founded in 2004, this company is a rapidly growing, family-owned company that designs Rugs, Pillows, and Throws for the thoughtfully layered home. They won the ARTS Award for "Best Rug Manufacturer" in 2010, 2011, 2015, and 2016, establishing themselves as one of the elite Home Accent brands. Seeking a highly motivated Textile Product Designer position is based in Dallas, TX.
In this role, you’ll be part of a driven team responsible for product design and development. This unique opportunity transcends just design; you’ll be responsible for executing product development from concept to completion, which includes occasional overseas travel to visit manufacturers, interfacing communicating cross-departmentally and with manufacturers. Textile design or related product design field, enjoy a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and creative environment.
· Responsible for assisting in design & development of new rug and textile collections
· Responsible for creating original CAD artwork, color matching, and editing existing artwork that is provided either by a vendor or a licensed designer
· Communication with overseas Loloi offices as well as directly with vendors
· Collaborate with Owner, Director of Product Development and entire Product Development team
· Participate in weekly product reviews
· Compile technical specifications and costs by construction for item setup
· Travel to domestic trade shows required, approximately 3 - 5 times per year
· Research industry trends for design inspiration
· International travel includes visiting factories abroad and/or attending forecasting and trend shows
· Administrative duties: tracking sample shipments & organizing collection documents
· Support and lead other Product Designers on the product development team
· Home textile or rug experience
· Demonstrated success with portfolio of current or prior design work
· Experience working with overseas vendors is a huge plus
· Must be highly organized & able to manage & prioritize multiple projects at once
· Minimum 4-5 years of experience in textile design and product development
· Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Design or Merchandising & Design or related field
· Must have excellent computer skills including thorough knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
· Thorough knowledge of MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Prior experience using Nedgraphics; preferred not required
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.