Technical Manager, Woven Business
Location: North Carolina
In business for over 30 years, our client is a very successful company that has evolved from a traditional textile company into an engineered materials business, focused on highly technical, high-quality fabrics. They offer their employees many benefits and have a culture of support and empowerment. It is truly a very positive and supportive place to work!
In the role of Technical Manager, you will report to the Company President and work with the largest customer in the division.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop new products and grow sales. Identify, research, and evaluate new market opportunities
• Carry out successful product development strategies in your area of responsibility. Create new-product marketing tools and assets, and train Product Managers in their use
• Effectively manage sample inventories. Work with Product Managers to meet inventory goals
• Provide technical support to customers, Product Managers, and manufacturing staff
• Provide leadership and direction for R&D activities to your business team, the Woven R&D team, and manufacturing
• Develop new processes for woven products, particularly as they relate to cost reduction and process improvements
• Maintain good relations and communications with other entities, including customer service, quality control, financial, manufacturing, planning, product development, distributors, and suppliers
• Work with quality control and testing managers to establish product and process specifications for new products and product upgrades
• Meet sales and margins for new products as set forth in the Corporate Annual Cash Flow Plan
Essential Job Capabilities of Successful Candidate:
• Strong background and capabilities to develop products and new businesses for highly technical applications, with particular emphasis on woven fabrics used in aerospace and structural composites
• Knowledge of woven textile yarns, fabrics and manufacturing processes, including fabric finishing
• At a minimum, basic understanding of composite structures, polymeric and neoprene resins, manufacturing techniques, and technology trends in the use of coated and laminated structures
• Knowledge of aerospace, structural and industrial composite fabrics businesses
• Experience and understanding of ISO quality systems
• Strong communication skills in both technical and business settings
• Background in composite science is a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.