Location: Northeastern Georgia
We are working with one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Woven and Nonwoven Geosynthetic fabrics located in Northeastern Georgia. They are privately held with revenues over $180MM+ in the U.S. and another $300 MM+ among their other 6 manufacturing plants internationally. They’re very stable, have extremely low turnover and are very loyal to their employees. They have an experienced team in place that is very supportive. It’s a fantastic work environment and offer a competitive salary and full and generous benefits.
There’s an immediate opening for a Buyer at their Northeastern Georgia facility. We’re looking for candidates with seasoned sourcing experience in manufacturing with a preference to someone in the textile industry. The Buyer will support the manufacturing and sales organizations by employing best practice procurement and inventory management techniques to secure required materials, products, and services in the most timely manner with ever-improving quality at the lowest possible cost. This position reports to the Procurement Manager with a dotted-line to the Director of Supply Chain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage assigned supply base to ensure the delivery of required goods and services in the most timely manner with ever-improving quality at the lowest possible cost
• Determine and develop potential additional suppliers as dictated by the needs of the business
• Originate or assist in the negotiation of price, terms and conditions with suppliers to ensure certainty of supply and optimal overall value to the enterprise
• Conduct market and competitive surveys employing all applicable principles of price/cost analysis, terms of payment, transportation costs, duties, taxes, etc.
• Monitor and proactively respond to supplier performance
• Schedule and conduct periodic meetings with key suppliers to review requirement forecasts, quality and service performance, cost reduction initiatives, etc.
• Participate and contribute in assigned cross-functional teams and special projects
• Originate or assist in the preparation, coordination and negotiation of purchase orders, contracts, etc.
• Maintain proper inventory levels of assigned materials and products in accordance with forecast and master resource plan
• Establish and maintain all purchase and inventory item system integrity; issues related reports and other documentation as required
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.