Director, Ethics & Compliance, Global Operations
Location: Suburb of Detroit
This $500MM privately held company has 13 offices in North America and multiple offices in Europe and Asia. They are US owned company that continues to grow and evolve after 30 years in the business. They offer full benefits and relocation assistance and a great family culture. This position is located near Sterling Heights MI and it is a growing and thriving community.
This is a newly created position. We need someone that is already in this role and is currently performing these functions and knows the ins and outs. Great opportunity.
The Vice President and Director for Compliance are responsible for legislative affairs, policy development and legal compliance for the organization. This position participates in product development services to existing and potential customers and interacts with all corporate management and personnel. its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to its particular industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards. The ethical component and a pragmatic component of this position is crucial in helping the organization manage risk, maintain a positive reputation, and avoid the potential for legal entanglements while maintaining compliance on product, social responsibility, vendor relations, and customer relations.
This position will hold innate and intuitive knowledge of the company’s goals and culture, as well as of the greater industry and standard business law. Responsibility spans not just with keeping the company’s business dealings ethically sound and legally pristine, but with educating the entire company and instituting practices that will ensure the highest possible level of compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and manage key components of the Company’s Ethics and Compliance Program including policy development, training, awareness, KPIs and program evaluation
• Develop and implement a global training and awareness plan to create employee engagement; develop training and evaluate, track and ensure training completion
• Manage external and internal cross-functional relationships with Human Resources, Internal Audit, Finance, Supply Chain, Retail and others to develop effective and continuously improving engagement methods
• Create and develop procedural documents and operational guidelines
• Analyze data, evaluate trends and monitor applicable laws and regulations to recommend and implement appropriate strategy and program enhancements
• Design and implement effective initiatives on topics such as confidential/proprietary information, gifts and entertainment, conflicts of interest and other areas
• Prepare and present periodic reports and presentations to stakeholders and employees regarding various subjects, including the Ethics and Compliance Program and compliance-related topics
• Manage the integration of program elements with newly acquired businesses
• Select, implement and manage program systems and manage vendor relations
• Respond to routine requests related to the establish Code of Business Conduct, including conflicts of interest and gift approval questions
• Vendor Code of Ethics component of this program, to span to our global partner sustainability team.
• Research - Stay up-to-date on global supply chain issues, standards, expectations and regulations. Assess risks and impacts, make recommendations, and communicate to key stakeholders.
• Policy and guidelines - Ensure ethical sourcing values/principles are integrated with the plans and policies. Inform and evolve the vendor code of ethics requirements and guidelines.
• Procurement liaison - Coordinate VCOE relationship and procedures for non-product procurement
• External Collaboration - Represent and engage with industry peers in the area of social compliance primarily in the Americas and overseas where Company has established business units and conducts business. Manage relationships with external partners, vendors and consultants supporting research and initiatives
• Reporting - Ensure regular and transparent reporting and communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Tracking - Measure and demonstrate impact of the Company’s Compliance program to the business and our external partners
• Disclosures - Ensure legal reporting obligations are met with respect to materials; draft reports and facilitate process for reporting obligations as required
• Develop and demonstrate knowledge and competency to serve as an ethics and compliance subject matter expert
• Ensures corporate policies are accurate, current and in compliance with federal and state regulations. Reviews and updates policies as laws change
• Interprets and disseminates information on regulatory matters
• Communicates current state of legislative issues to management and the board recommending the company’s position
• Creating and coordinating proper reporting channels for compliance issues
• Developing company compliance communications
• Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations
• Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk
• Assess company operations to determine compliance risk
• Ethical Conduct
• Communication Proficiency
• Time Management
• Technical Capacity
• Ability to work closely with internal and external partners to communicate and manage all aspects of Corporate Compliance related to product, vendor, social responsibility and customer relations
• Significant experience as a key Compliance executive
• Proven success in the risk management field
• Strong working knowledge of industry legal requirements and controls
• Fluency in industry practices and professional standards.
• Professional certification (CCEP) a plus. 7+ years of relevant experience in a role that includes social, labor, environmental and safety compliance, as well as, experience in apparel and supply chain processes
• Demonstrated understanding of international social and labor issues, legislation, standards and processes, including some factory assessment/audit experience – certifications such as SA 8000 or ISO 14001
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.