Project Engineer / Process Improvement
Location: Aiken, SC
This company is a global color and specialty chemicals company committed to innovation, world-class quality standards, high service levels, cost-efficiency and sustainability. They operate with approximately 3000 employees over 35 countries. Through its three businesses: Textile Specialties, Paper Solutions and Emulsion Products, and deliver specialized performance and color solutions to meet customer needs in their local markets. Products enhanced, colors enhanced, performance enhanced our people have a rich tradition of working side by side with our customers as long-term partners and trusted advisors, developing tailored applications and solutions that help customers deliver business success. The diversity of the workforce combined with a commitment to a performance-driven and collaborative culture means our workforce displays a passion and commitment to excellence and innovation. Our people create specialized performance and color solutions designed with relevancy, application and value in mind.
The Project/Process Engineer coordinates and manages capital projects, monitors process operations and assists with technical issues for the Plant to support production, maintenance, process improvements and new process development.
• Develop and execute capital projects thru all phases Preparation, Implementation, Start up, and Closing
• Coordinate equipment installations and construction as necessary to ensure minimal disruption of production
• Reduce costs, spend at or below budgets and prepare annual budgets for capital projects
• Ensure projects meet expectations for budget, time, & effectiveness
• Provide technical support to production, maintenance, development and quality control departments
• Work with plant personnel to develop cost-effective and working production processes & systems
• Improve manufacturing process capability and cost while maintaining or improving quality and safety standards
• Recognize opportunities, develop innovative solutions, and drive their realization
• Provide a leadership role for continuous improvement throughout the Plant by developing and implementing systems and solutions that optimize all phases of production process
• Execute work in safe, lawful and environmentally responsible way
• Develop fellow employees by coaching/mentoring in approach to problem diagnosis and resolution
• Support maintenance team in optimizing and troubleshooting process equipment
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or a technical degree with demonstrated capability to provide project deliverables and drive results. A minimum of 5+ years of Plant experience preferably in a chemical manufacturing environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects with consistent project performance of schedule adherence, achieving budget, meeting customer requirements, scope management, and project close out achieved with satisfied internal and external customers. Good written and oral communication skills. Good interpersonal and presentation skills
• Good understanding of process equipment design including pumps, reactors, heat exchangers, material balances, and instrument specifications
• Possess strong analytical, technical, and organizational skills.
• Ability to frame up, prioritize and execute process improvements according to value, cost and risk with limited supervision
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of employees to plan, organize and complete multiple projects from inception to startup
• Comfortable functioning in a variety of roles ranging from plant floor troubleshooting and problem solving to leading long term process improvement projects
• Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing experience preferred. Green Belt or Black Belt certification would be advantageous
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross functional teams from Mechanical, Electrical, Software and Manufacturing Engineering, Procurement
• Strong teamwork and leadership abilities.
• Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to act strategically and tactically to support successful project completion
• Ability to identify risk triggers and effectively use risk management process to meet project requirements
• SAP experience is a positive.
• Fluency in Spanish is a positive.
• For the right candidate, the role can be expanded to include responsibility for Mexico plants
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.