Location: Los Angeles, CA
This company is a leading Apparel company that cares about its products’ quality, the environment and its people. They have an on-site gym and offer free yoga classes twice a day. It’s a very energetic and inspiring place to work with team-oriented values. A place where people build relationships and like to spend time together outside of the office.
The Sourcing Team is looking for a creative, and inspired leader. As a Sourcing Specialist, the candidate’s responsibility leads their respective product & suppliers from seasonal strategies through to completed production ensuring they are sourced with integrity, intention and aligned with their brand vision and values.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of apparel manufacturing in the sport apparel industry and technical knowledge of fabric & garment construction. The individual will work closely and collaboratively with Merchandising, Design, Color, R&D, PD, Tech and Quality team to deliver beautiful and innovative product. He or She will report to the Global Sourcing Manager.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to Develop seasonal sourcing strategies to deliver product that meets or exceeds our expectations
• Understand supplier capabilities and allocate product to appropriate supplier
• Allocations also need to align with capacity in order to deliver on time and in full
• Communicate our forecast by style as described in the apparel process & negotiate capacity & delivery dates as needed
• Responsible for PO Management included issuance, ongoing updates & seasonally closing
• Seasonal WIP Management inclusive of RM and Product from the Product Manufacturer
• Reporting as required
• Present recommendations to improve, course correct and capitalize on sourcing strategy
• Product Costing: Analyze and negotiate costing, recognized opportunities, negotiate volume discounts aligned with forecasts from merch and or planning teamwork with sourcing on capacity planning & forecasting
• Deliver on critical KPI’s such as IMU and OTP but not limited to
• Leverage all IT system capabilities in order to have one source of the truth, right first- time data and full transparency to facilitate reporting and speed to market
• Accountable for timely adherence of calendar dates
• Travel to Suppliers as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Must have 5+ years of experience in the apparel industry, ideally in athletic apparel
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with appropriate sense of urgency
• Commitment and superior attention to detail
• Be a creative problem solver and use that learning to affect future change
• Ability to work in a team environment, build trust and relationships with vendor & company staff
• Strong analytical and leadership skills
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work environment
• Strong interpersonal and listening skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, & Outlook
• Proficiency with PLM and Adobe Suite- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.