Manufacturing Production Manager
Location: North of Greensboro, NC
We are working with one of the world’s leading producers of Synthetic Fiber used in Textile Fashion and Performance Fibers. They are privately held with revenues over $70MM in their Southeastern U.S. facility and have 3 other manufacturing plants internationally. They’ve been in business for over 45 years and distribute to over 70 countries. They offer full and generous benefits and competitive salary.
There’s an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Production Manager at their facility in the Southeastern U.S. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the plant to include Safety, Quality and Productivity. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic leader with a technical background to help solve complex problems related to yarn production and actively influence positive change while maintaining exemplary performance to the established metrics. The Production Manager will serve as the primary liaison between Production, Technical Support Departments, Maintenance and Planning. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
• Eight Salaried Supervisors will directly report to this position with indirect reporting of 140 hourly operators spanning 12-hour shifts covering 24 hours/7 days per week
• Excellent interpersonal communication with an ability to drive personal accountability and adherence to procedures
• Problem solving capability to include an ability to perform statistical analysis of data to understand root cause
• Lean manufacturing experience to include Kaizens, Change Management and Six Sigma. Ability to lead continuous improvement projects
• Must be Microsoft Office proficient. Experience with the SAP production system is preferred
Educational / Experience Requirements:
• 7+ years management of people in a dynamic, manufacturing environment
• BS Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.