Process Improvement Engineer
Location: North of Greensboro, NC
We are working with one of the world’s leading producers of Synthetic Fiber used in Textile Fashion and Performance Fibers. They are privately held with revenues over $70MM in their Southeastern U.S. facility and have 3 other manufacturing plants internationally. They’ve been in business for over 45 years and distribute to over 70 countries. They offer full and generous benefits and competitive salary.
We are looking to fill 2 positions: Process Improvement Engineer position for someone with 1-3 years’ experience, and; a Process Improvement Engineer with 7-15 years’ experience. Successful candidates will have an engineering degree, preferably with a studies and/or experience in a textile background and has experience with Six Sigma and/or QulaPro. Must be a hands-on type with strong interpersonal skills, equally adept at working with hourly production employees and senior management and knowledge of computer systems and software for general business purposes. This is a great opportunity to get really immersed in this business and to make some positive changes.
• Plan and execute equipment & process modifications to improve safety, improve quality, reduce downtime, and reduce cycle time
• Improve production yields
• Provide technical leadership to plant manufacturing, engineering, and to technical service functions
• Improve process capability based on customer specifications
• Conduct and analyze data-driven, product development trials and recommend improvements based on results
• Develop and maintain engineering documentation detailing product process parameters
• Strong analytical, engineering, or industry specific technical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, management, and production
• Six Sigma knowledge with demonstrated application of the tools. Must be able to set up and conduct designed experiments (2k factorial, MVT, etc.), and must be able to analyze data sets of multiple variables
• Knowledge of computer systems and software for general business purposes as well as application for specific process control and data analysis needs
• Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, etc.) as well as Minitab, ChartRunner, or equivalent data analysis programs
• Hands-on and equally adept at working with hourly production employees and communication with senior management
• Travel is infrequent but will be necessary, and must be able to procure a passport for international travel
• Bachelor's degree in engineering (Fiber, Textile, Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical)
• (Position 1): 1-3 years’ experience, or (Position 2): 7-15 years of experience: textile manufacturing preferred
• Six Sigma and/or QualPro experience preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.