Location: Los Angeles, CA
This is a leading Apparel company that cares about its products’ quality, the environment and its people. They have an on-site gym and offer free yoga classes twice a day. It’s a very energetic and inspiring place to work. Great compensation package.
The Operations Manager will be the liaison between upper management, customer service team leads and other department team leads. If you are someone with strong customer service experience, a history of leading key strategic initiatives, in depth experience with sales and operations planning, and a track record of setting goals and creating a process to achieve those goals, this role may be a great fit. This position will be the lead on implementing strategic initiatives related to all aspects of customer service, order management, inventory management, customer returns, and sales forecast management. You will provide direction to team leads focused on driving the business forward and meeting customer needs.
The right individual for this position must have a strong sense of urgency and customer centric mindset while having strong initiative, flexibility, demonstrated results, and ability to build strong organizational relationships are critical success factors. This individual must be able to work cross-functionally, develop consensus, and focus on multiple priorities simultaneously. This individual will interface across all levels of management, and communicate the organization’s objectives and goals with the team leads to ensure continuous improvement in their overall team’s performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Disseminate information and outcomes to ensure the impacted teams understand the operations objectives, goals and expectations
• Serves as an interdepartmental liaison between customer service, warehouse, sales, accounting and purchasing in order to resolve customer related issues while enhancing organizational efficiency
• Oversees timelines and priorities, communicating with all department and team leads in relation to projects
• Drives and monitors fill rates, manages short term & long-term inventory needs, and ensure products are available for allocation and shipment during peak-demand periods (e.g. Holidays, back to school season, etc.) to continuously pursue improved customer satisfaction
• Provide appropriate escalation and alerts impacting order fulfillment & shipments
• Communicates and ensures uniformity in standard operating procedures (SOP’s), developing best practices, and guidelines are being followed consistently within the customer service function
• Be knowledgeable about the client’s business:
• Product lines: style numbers and descriptions, fabrications & colors
• Develop strategies and techniques to achieve targets (e.g. shipping, inventory, etc.)
• Lead initiatives that impact the organization such as metrics development, goal setting, forecast accuracy, order processing, customer satisfaction, and hold team accountable
• Identify opportunities to improve processes and automate where possible
• Knowledge and experience in leading process improvement initiatives
• Knowledge and experience in order management and RMA processes
• Experience with sales and operations planning (S&OP)
• Experience implementing and managing KPI’s associated with customer fulfillment and demand variances
• Experience with an ERP system required (FDM4 preferred or ability to learn ERP systems)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Familiarity with apparel manufacturing processes
• Demonstrated analytical, consensus-building and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
• Excellent follow up and customer service skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.