Director of Demand Planning & Analytics
Location: Greenville, SC
This company was founded in 1982, and with deep roots in the textile industry since 1921. They have grown into a global vertical-manufacturing company, supplying quality casual clothing and thermal underwear to major retailers in the United States, Mexico and Canada. They were recognized as a Great Places to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. They work with some of the top brands in the industry and have multiple offices in North American and Central America. They offer great benefits as well.
This position is responsible for developing and leading demand management strategies and processes for all apparel and Textile product lines supporting traditional wholesale businesses & ecommerce operations planning processes. Objectives include 1) managing forecast that accurately represents current and future customer demand which enables business units to meet financial targets, 2) developing insightful product trend analysis based on style attributes, ecommerce sales and retail store sales data that leads to actionable business strategies and sales growth, 3) maintaining alignment between the demand plan for multiple ecommerce store fronts, traditional wholesale and the overall business and inventory strategies of the company, and 4) overseeing the data analytics and reporting support for digital sales and traditional retail point of sale. This position will manage a team of Demand Planning Analyst assigned to specific accounts and business units.
• Develop demand strategies that reflect the alignment of Internal Financial Forecast, Customer Demand and Supply Chain capabilities for both ecommerce and traditional wholesale environments that result in accurate short and long-term financial forecast at the Brand and Customer level
• Implement KPIs that track the performance of multiple ecommerce storefronts and plan supply chain activities that support digital marketing strategies and order fulfillment
• Utilizing Logility’s Demand Planning Software this position is responsible for short- and long-term forecast at the SKU level that meet customer requirements and is used internally as the primary inventory planning data
• Lead the Demand Planning process, ensuring constant communication and collaboration with Merchandising, Sales and Sourcing during the planning phases through the life of the program
• Continuously improve demand management processes using consistent tools and processes along with customer point of sale data to develop and maintain efficient demand planning practices
• Oversee the supply chain planning data analytics and reporting, ensuring process performance metrics are in place that drives forecast accuracy, reduces reaction time and reduces safety stock requirements
• Develop a high performing team of demand management and data analytics professionals, including recruiting, training, performance feedback and coaching
• BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field. Advanced degree a plus
• 3 to 5 years’ experience with Logility’s Demand Planning Solution or similar product
• Experience within an ecommerce business environment
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making and presentation skills
• Strong leadership skills essential to effectively drive results across all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process
• Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.