Senior Project Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
We're working with a global manufacturer of Papers, Films, Nets and Nonwovens used in a diverse range of Products, Applications and Industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from Fibers, Resins and Polymers, they provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Excellent time to join this strong global manufacturer!
We have new opportunities available for experienced Senior Project Engineers in Nonwovens, Polymers, Extrusion, Plastics or Converting. The position requires a good working knowledge of multiple engineering and technical disciplines and will have a “hands on “element to it both mechanical and electrical.
Examples of areas the position is involved with include:
• Mechanical and machine design
• Close tolerance machined part design
• The position requires a good general knowledge of metalworking processes such has machining, welding/fabricating and sheet metal
• Metallurgy and heat treatment of steels and other metals
• Electrical and electronics, including 3 phase power, variable speed drives, motors, controls, instrumentation and programmable logic controllers (PLC’s)
• Web handling and continuous web processing
• Mechanical refrigeration, piping and process fluid systems including pumps, valves and related devices
• Fluid power (hydraulics ad pneumatics)
• Plastics processing, particularly extrusion
• Cost Estimating
• Turn Key Project Management
• Environmental. Safety and health, including OSHA compliance
Computer Aided Design/Drafting (CAD): The position requires the ability to generate electronic drawings and designs. Proficiency in 2-D AutoCAD is required. Proficiency in 3-D CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD inventor and/or STP (“Step”) is not required but preferred.
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.