Location: China - Shanghai Area
Our client is a global leader in the manufacturing of Nonwovens, Industrial Textiles and Performance Materials. The Technical Nonwovens segment in Asia produces Nonwoven Needle Felt for use in a variety of applications. Primary markets served are Air and Liquid Filtration, Geosynthetics, Automotive and Industrial. For Filtration, Nonwoven filter media is the most commonly used technology to satisfy increasing emission control regulations in a wide range of industries, including Power Generation, Cement, Steel, Asphalt, Mining, Food, and Pharmaceutical.
Excellent new opportunity! We are searching for an experienced Technical Director to lead Product Development/R&D while collaborating with the engineering and sales teams as their three Chinese sites grow their business. Approximately 80 people total at all sites. Must have Nonwovens experience - technical leadership skill set to include experience with manufacturing technologies such as Needle Felt, Filtration, Lamination, Acoustic, Thermal, Bonding or Separation. Additional responsibility will be a focus on Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance. Must speak English and Chinese and reside in China - will relocate within China for right candidate!
This position is responsible for all aspects of technical and quality activities in our 3 Asia Pacific locations, including development and standardization of products as well as maintaining and improving quality standards and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee product and technical development
• Standardize current designs in the product portfolio
• Determine product specifications in conjunction with sales and customer input
• Develop new designs utilizing alternate low-cost materials
• Design the bill of materials. Work with operations team to verify process routing
• Ensure accuracy of BOMs and Routers for all existing product
• Oversee the lab - test the finished products and samples from the customers
• Oversee product quality assurance and control management system
• Act as customer liaison by addressing and resolving customer complaints
• Work with operations to identify and improve operations to prevent defect recurring issues
• Manage QMS
• Handle all quality issues including IQC, OQC, process control and customer complaints
• Responsible for enforcing quality policies and procedures in accordance with ISO9001
• Maintain annual quality audit plan
• Responsible for quality targets, including improvement and implementation plans
• Work on the plant floor a minimum of 35% of their time to ensure quality and development activities are effective
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor degree or above
• Minimum three years’ experience in Nonwoven field
• Strong interpersonal savvy
• Strong written and verbal skills, including English
• General knowledge of quality control and ISO901:12000
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to work hands on with employees
• Customer Focus
• Creative Problem Solving
• Drive for Results
• Interpersonal Relationships
• Timely Decision Making
• Building Effective Teams
• Managing and Measuring Work
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.