SVP, Sales & Marketing
Location: New York, NY or Southeast
We are working with a Textile and Apparel company that is part of a $1B company. They are very well funded and moving in the right direction. They are a well-respected US Owned company that has been in business for 50+ years. They offer full benefits and relocation assistance. Person can work out of NYC office, but this person will already be living in NYC area. Or person can live in Southeast, in metro area. Location is confidential at the time. Base salary + bonus opportunity.
This person will be responsible for managing the sales and marketing functions for this company’s Apparel and Uniform businesses. Oversee field sales and marketing activities to achieve agreed upon sales and profit objectives. Develop plans and goals for account managers with respect to sales volume, product placement, pricing, special promotions and other account coverage objectives. Determine and explore new business opportunities. Successful performance of the SVP Sales & Marketing duties will be evidenced by the achievement of business goals with respect to sales volume, product placements, profit margins and other assigned objectives.
• Develop sales plans providing strategic account direction and assuring balanced sales by product and customer. Focus sales resources on new product and marketing opportunities while ensuring maintenance and growth of existing sales base
• Direct and coordinate activities of the sales and marketing groups. Select, train, advise, motivate and appraise staff
• Make calls on key customers and with account managers as necessary
• Analyze sales results and competitive sales trends against established plans and goals. Take or recommend necessary corrective action to management
• Promote satisfactory customer relations by assuring that adequate service is provided to customers
• Keep management informed of economic, competitive and other factors affecting sales with recommendations for how factors can be influenced to increase sales:
• Recommend advertising and sales promotion programs designed to support field-selling effort. Assure that account reps have necessary marketing tools to promote increased sales
• Recommend prices and price changes; approve, or recommend approval of credits, claims and price concessions
• Perform other functions as required such as preparing reports, holding sales meetings, approving quotas and counseling management on sales matters with appropriate management when necessary
• Coordinate with the HR Department to ensure that sales employees are treated in accordance with HR policies and procedures as it pertains to compensation, benefits, training and development, health and safety, and employee relations
• Perform additional job-related duties and complete special projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent successful selling experience. 15+ year’s successful selling experience.
• Demonstrated managerial qualities including the ability to supervise the sales and marketing staff and function. Demonstrated drive and initiative to excel; self-starter
• Must have a working knowledge of products and their construction
• Effective persuasive verbal and written communication skills
• Above average ability to organize and analyze facts and make recommendations
• Must have a comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Available to travel overnight for customer visits and tradeshows. Travel may be up to 50%
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.