Development Platform Engineer
This innovative textile company has been around 60+ years and has an excellent reputation in the industry. They are and always have been committed to meeting their customers needs by staying on top of consumer research, advanced engineering and technology. They are well known globally and are a leading manufacturer.
The Development Platform Engineer reports to the Woven or Knit Product Manager. Responsible for the direction and control of all activities for the development of automotive fabrics produced for a specific business unit. Activities encompassed from raw material ordering through physical testing of composite fabric. Responsible for attaining World Class status in design, delivery, quality, and performance of the company’s fabric business.
This position requires strong concern for quality and accuracy of work with a results-oriented focus. The work involves critical thinking and problem solving based on detailed knowledge of all pertinent facts and thorough analysis of relevant details. There is an intense focus on complex, independent problem solving, self-direction and freedom of ideas.
The position allows for creative thinking of new ideas, systems, or plans, and innovative problem solving. The position also provides opportunities for the development of high levels of expertise and independent work. The individual in this position must maintain professional demeanor and make sound, well thought out decisions. This position requires little delegation of details or responsibilities. It is important that close, quick and critical follow up occur to recognize and correct issues with a material, process or other concern.
Specific to the role of the composite engineer a strong knowledge of adhesive lamination systems is required. Extensive working knowledge of nonwoven construction will also aid in technology advancement. Overhead systems molding experience is also preferred.
• Pace and Variety of Activities: Emphasis on initiative and self-motivation. Competitive drive to get things done. Positive response to pressure and challenges, face pace, and ambition for achievement
• Focus: Independent and technical problem solving. Analytical, critical, creative thinking and action
• Decision Making: Well thought out decision making. Calculated risk taking, needs more information in order to take action
• Communication and Collaboration: Formal, factual, reserved communication. Work requires independent and disciplined thinking and problem-solving
• Delegation and Leadership: Control not only of results / outcomes, but also of the specifics/details of the process. Very little delegation of authority and details
• Marry design with development capability to meet physical requirements and cost targets
• Liaison between sample manufacturing and business
• Engaged with samples / new products as they run to have full understanding of issues/capability
• Early identification of key issues going forward in fabric construction improvements
• Strong ties to new product manager and manufacturing teams
• Strong relationship with customer (OEM, tier 1) mirror team
• Data Collection / Analysis:
o Samples - cost, quality of run
o Engineering order; inspection and quality perf
o Scale-up - 30 lot testing/reporting (counter measures)
o Jomar & Cost System upkeep and maintenance
• “Technology Team” project initiation, ownership to completion
• Valid cost improvement work
• Collective effort on common cause problems
• Indirect influence with manufacturing reporting routinely when systems are not working
• Critique and approval of all “change of standard” requests from manufacturing from yarn supply through lamination
• Ownership of new products / design thru mass production
• Most knowledgeable resource for your customer
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.