Director of eCommerce & Site
Location: Warren, MI
60 year old American Furniture retail store chain. The company operates 39 stores and growing thru out the Midwest. Just recently acquired 2 other major furniture companies spanning now across the US and expanding their product categories beyond just furniture. Revolutionized home fashion their classic furniture reinvented for modern living. Their buyers travel the globe to find and design the most stylish furniture at the best prices. Company is on a customer centric journey within the omni channel to transform their customers to a new innovative way of styling their life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee ecommerce design life cycle at both macro (overall site flow) and micro (page layout) levels. Lead initial research through conceptualization, to concept completion, including sketching proposals of initial designs, and proposing alternative execution concepts
• Lead key processes that govern daily merchandising of the site, consistent with the promotional calendar, in coordination with a cross-functional team that includes merchandising, marketing, and IT
• Integrate best-in-class UX tools (site analytics and user testing) into the culture and process of the team, and leverage to inform design decisions
• Drive the optimization roadmap, planning and facilitating large-impact projects, structuring test plans, and coordinating all necessary user-centered design activities
• Keep the pulse on the industry and competitive strategies for customer experience
• Ensure consistent, unified user experience across all platforms by basing decisions on industry standard methodologies and/or UX research findings
• Effectively communicate design and testing concepts across the organization
• Maintain knowledge of UX processes, tools and best practices to achieve higher quality, lower costs and shorter time to market
• This role will have immediate management responsibility of a team of 8, with the expectation that the team will continue to grow starting with UX & graphic designers, product merchandising coordinators, and site analytics professional
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and background with a specialization in user experience design and web analytics
• Minimum 7 years of experience in UX/UI design and design leadership role
• Experience building and leading a team, with background mentoring and guiding creative talent
• Strong leadership, time management and problem solving skills
• Ability to build a team and mentor and guide creative talent
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated skill at successfully leading online experience enhancement initiatives to drive enhanced traffic and conversion
• Ability to influence and impact the success of cross-team initiatives
• Strong inclination for data and analytics
• Experience working for growing multi-channel retailers, online pure plays, interactive/ad agencies or start-ups
• Past experience working with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics Past experience leading UX research with tools like usertesting.com
Key Results Areas:
• Site engagement metrics such as time on site, page views, etc.
• Site conversion and revenue per visit
• Continuous optimization to drive incremental sales
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.