Knitting Machine Specialist
Location: Mid Atlantic
This research center is a global R&D centre supporting our Apparel and Advanced Textiles business. The 60,000 square foot facility houses fiber and fabric development, including a semi-works textile facility that includes fabric dye and finishing, and benchtop chemical research. The site is a focused organization of ~30 individuals that are part of a larger global organization major brands of products.
The Knitting Machine Operator is a unique technical role at the ARC in which the selected individuals will be trained and tasked with operating a wide range of circular knitting equipment in a fully capable semi-works textile research and development facility. The role presents an opportunity to personally participate in innovations under development for the apparel industry which are to be commercialized worldwide. Moreover, the role allows the ideal individual the opportunity to be hands-on in the development process as a machine specialist, as well as a collaborator and co-creator on new offerings through interaction with researchers and other members of the business development team that use the facility!
Duties of the Role:
• Demonstrate advanced skills in operating circular knitting equipment
• Operate knitting machinery to produce new fabric concepts. Collaborate with research engineers on yarn selection to machine design and set-up, execution, and analysis of fabrics
• Carry out fiber/yarn experiments on machines for product and defect analysis
• Capable of maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing knitting equipment
• Provide technical knowledge and support; conduct fabric and defect analysis to research, sales & marketing teams, and external customers
• Ability to conduct small scale chemical analysis in a wet chemistry lab
• Manage multiple processing requests; document and communicate results
• Manage an inventory of goods (fibers, yarns, and fabrics), both shipping and receiving, which may include packaging items for shipment domestically and internationally
• Maintain training as a backfill operator on selected equipment
• Receive and understand guidance of Principal Investigators to plan, coordinate, and execute projects
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (safety glasses)
• Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, etc.
• Perform general housekeeping duties to continually maintain a safe and tidy work environment
Skills and Education Required:
• 2-year Degree from a Technical College, or a BS degree in textiles, Engineering, or related discipline. The ideal candidate will also have three years of experience with circular knitting; or equivalent combination of training and experience related to area of assignment
• Computer skills to include competency with MS Office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Adobe skills desired
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and/or in the future
• Must be able to work at our Newark, Delaware location. Alternative locations cannot be considered. Relocation assistance will be provided
• Travel: Less than 10%
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.