Location: Los Angeles, CA
A family-owned Furniture manufacturer delivering high quality, artfully designed pieces that are inspired by creativity, imagination, and, most of all, self-expression. They are a national leader in the design, marketing manufacturing and distribution of mid to high end upholstered living room and upholstered bedroom furniture. In business for over 30 year, they are the partner of choice to many of the top furniture retailers in the country, such as Macy*s, Z Gallerie, Living Spaces, Mathis Bros., Jordan’s, RC Willey, Nebraska Furniture Mart, to name a few. These retailers look to them to be on the forefront of style, color, and value.
Work directly with the EVP/Co-Owner to be a creative and driving force behind the merchandising of the product line as well as work hand in hand with the Vice President of Marketing to ensure that the merchandise is consistent and aligned with the marketing directives of the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Move the brand forward; refine aesthetic to reach target consumer
• Responsible for strategizing and merchandising product line with EVP/Co-Owner and VP of Marketing for seasonal trade show and key retailer presentations
• Responsible for managing relationship with key fabric vendors
• Responsible for selecting and editing fabric offerings
• Coordinate and attend/shop bi-annual Showtime Textile Trade Show
• Support the design and product development process for all furniture development, assisting in all day-to-day activities
• Studio management and archivist, responsible for day-to-day movement of journals, books, swatches, etc.
• Responsible for “story boarding” and preparation of presentations
• Assist in showroom set-up and concepts along with VP of Marketing and VP of Sales
• Assist with ad hoc projects and work with sales team as requests arise for particular customers
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
• Degree in design/merchandising or equivalent or related work experience
• 5 -8 years of related design or merchandising experience, specifically in furniture a plus
• Ability to review drawings, mock ups and proto types
• Archival Skill
• Strong sense of style, textiles, and color
• Excellent verbal and graphic communications skills
• Auto CAD and Photoshop a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.