Product Development/Merchandise Manager
Location: New Jersey - Eastern Shore
In business for 30 years, this successful, creative and growing company is redefining sleep products. They continue to grow and become the premier brand in their category and currently sell to national major retailers. The company culture is one of innovation, entrepreneurship and teamwork.
We are looking for a Product Development/Merchandising Manager to help execute and commercialize multiple innovative bedding products. Strong, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial thinker with excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. 5-7 years’ experience.
The Product Development/Merchandising Manager will be responsible for coordinating the scheduling and processing of all Product Development projects and initiatives and serve as a liaison between the Design/PD department and Sales, Sourcing, Production, QC, and Packaging. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of product development experience in a fast-paced environment with multi-faceted projects. Strong knowledge of the creative processes in desired.
• Develop product development schedules and timelines
• Working knowledge of current product trends/innovations and the competitive marketplace
• Manage quality and accuracy of all deliverables through Product Development
• Support designers to ensure deliverables are met within project timelines and constraints
• Responsible for the research, prototyping, development and fabrication of innovative products for all customers
• Request follow up and distribute samples to internal and external teams
• Analytical, and enthusiastic about working in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
• Support sales team to ensure that business opportunities are followed through on with correct samples, pricing and marketing materials
• Excellent communication and relationship skills with all levels of management, teams, and vendors. Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Background in Product Development/Merchandising or Design
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A or B.S.) from a four-year college or University
• 5 years of work experience managing projects in home goods or similar industries
• Proficient in Illustrator a must, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Leadership skills, time management, math and budgeting, analytical skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.