Director of Manufacturing and Operations
Location: Long Valley, NJ
A leading producer of steel pallet rack systems with the most production capacity within the Retail, Wholesale, Ecomm, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, and Construction industries. Abuse-resistant and guarantee storage rack systems to last! Extremely loyal customer base. They produce quality storage rack systems that hold up in the busiest warehouse environments.10 fabrication facilities, located throughout North America; this company guarantees manufacturing flexibility while meeting tight construction deadlines.
Director of Manufacturing and Operations will coordinate and oversee the 700+ internal organization's daily operations of 5 manufacturing plants and over 200 MM. Oversees management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
• Assists company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives
• Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards
• Develop and establish metrics as needed to increase and incentive employees. Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan
• Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation
• Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results
• Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate
• Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards
• Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.)
• Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
• Performance Management
• Project Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Technical Capacity
• Stress Management/Composure
• Business Acumen
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Presentation Skills
• This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department
• This position requires up to 50% travel. Some of the travel is international
Required Education and Experience:
• BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, Engineering Manufacturing, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline
• 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, in a Steel manufacturing industry a must. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.