Corporate Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Location: North Carolina
In business for over 30 years, our client is a very successful company that has evolved from a traditional textile company into an engineered materials business, focused on highly technical, high-quality fabrics. They offer their employees many benefits and have a culture of support and empowerment. It is truly a very positive and supportive place to work.
In this position, you will be the right and the left hand of the Director of Human Resources. This is a key position within the Corporate HR Department. Responsible for both wage and salary payrolls, coordination of benefit programs, carrying out personnel and employee relations programs for staff and provide guidance/interpretation to the plants for benefits, payroll and policy interpretation.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
• Oversee all salaried payroll, monitor overtime, special pays, tuition aid, severance and manual checks. Verify all payrolls reports and issue for specific deductions. Maintain all reports for backup and documentation
• Administer 401k Plan, to include bi-weekly and weekly transmittal of funds, benefit payments, withdrawals, communications, enrollments, benefits statements and assist with audits, plan design and modifications
• Administer medical, dental, life, retired, long-term disability, COBRA Benefits, FSA and Dependent Care Programs to include billings, communications, historical information, plan analysis/reviews as requested by management and assist in developing plan documents. Assist in gathering data for government reporting for all plan designs and modification
• Act as liaison between plants and provide for interpretation of policies, incorrect claims processing, and extenuation circumstances for medical/dental claims
• Manage payroll, Human Resources, and benefits on the PAYCOR system to include HR Benefits, Time & Attendance and Reporting, and training for wage data, procedures, and reporting
• Stay abreast of federal and state regulations regarding qualified plans, nonqualified plans, welfare plans, payroll, and personnel related issues and other relevant publications
• Process bi-weekly payrolls for all locations for all salaried associates
• Establishment new hires in the PAYCOR payroll system, enter all benefits departmental changes and terminations for all salary
• Act as first point of contact when benefit questions arise to resolve issues, answer questions and resolve discrepancies for all associates
• Manage all Garnishments (Send copy to locations)
• Administer company benefits programs for staff and provide support and interpretation for plants
• Interpret policies and assure consistent application
• Maintain personnel information and records
• Interview and induct new associates and enter data into the PAYCOR system for all salaried associates and E-Verify
• Direct communication and implementations of labor relations activities and personal related programs. Keep abreast of associate attitudes and moral, and report on same with recommendations
• Perform troubleshooting, research, and maintenance of the PAYCOR system and furnish up-to-date information and guidance to the plants
• Maintain Bulletin Boards (keep updated)
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 Years’ experience with payroll
• Excellent Excel knowledge
• Working knowledge of Word, and Office, and PowerPoint
• Must have good oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.