Product Development Specialist
Location: Louisville, KY
Kentucky based business specializing in quality interior silk foliage for the wholesale trade. Values driven and a leader in the silk foliage channel of business. They focus on quality and supplying and delivering their customers with the kind of service they expect. An importer and manufacturer of silk trees, foliage, greenery, floral arrangements, and interior plants. Focused on creating the latest styles for interior designers and the furniture industry.
This is a Key role in the organization as it provides design direction by developing market oriented interior foliage products for individuals and mass market customers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Serve as the point person from design concept for product development activities
• Monitor trends and perform customer need analyse of the interior foliage market to develop products
• Hands on ability to research, select, and specify designs
• Design and develop prototype and custom products
• Develop client relationships
• Key Account lead contact. Work with interior designers and key personnel to meet customer needs
• Pose cost effective results
• Communicate and prepare design plans and specifications and train production team on development of designs
• Collaborate with production team to ensure execution of design concepts in a timely and quality manner
• Troubleshoot related problems to design team
• 7 years’ experience with a strong background in the Floral Industry, with proven levels of responsibilities
• Proven history of floral development and working knowledge of floral related products
• Knowledge of pricing covering a range of price points, and costing of the market
• Project lead experience
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of the floral market, floral materials and interior design channel
• Travel domestically and internationally about 25%
• Trade Show attendance at Highpoint twice yearly and Vegas World Market twice yearly
• Strong proficiency in MS Office - (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Consistently produces excellent workmanship, poses a high level of quality standards and meets deadlines
• Takes initiative well and contributes to the teams with a goal driven mind set
• Effective communicator, professional, and listens actively
• Has a sense of style and leadership qualities
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.