Our client’s products help to beat the heat, nix the noise, and filter the rest! They make Thermal and Acoustical Barriers, Automotive Heat Shields, and Insulation Products. Export sales represent about 50% of the company's annual net sales. This company is a huge global player in these industries and is growing their team right now! Respected strong leadership and great team culture.
Exciting new Technical Engineering opportunities in Nonwovens! We are searching for experienced Technical Engineers. “Hands-on” Technical Engineers to provide Technical Assistance, Support and coordinate launch activities for new product launches. Heavy involvement with Launch activities to include Tooling and Tooling controls, equipment and equipment controls. Also to provide support to Operations, Quality, Design Engineering and Maintenance, in order to resolve Manufacturing Issues and to drive Continuous Process Improvements. This engineer has sufficient experience and training to also train, and mentor others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To be a resource and be actively involved in Product Launch activities regarding equipment and equipment controls, process issues, including (but not limited to) equipment downtime and production of nonconforming product
• Identify opportunities for technical improvement with existing launch sequences and provide support to Process Engineers and Technical Support Team members
• Project Management: Take responsibility for large-scale projects launch situations. Active involvement from very early stage of launch projects. These would include input with equipment design, supplier identification, fabrication, and ensuring electrical, mechanical and control standards are put in place to fit into equipment specifications and process aspects. Must be capable to oversee project timelines, equipment milestones and critical paths. Must have ability to forward manage capital projects
• Continuous Improvement Driver: Improve profitability and efficiencies of Business Unit(s) through implementation of process improvements affecting scrap, labor and downtime. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through application of Lean and Six Sigma Manufacturing techniques such as 5S, SMED and Error-proofing
• Participate in APQP meeting and product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing. Develop PFMEA’s to identify and minimize any potential issues
• Responsible for equipment purchases, as necessary, including presenting justification for capital expenses on new equipment or process improvements, and design and specification of equipment and standardization of equipment, within manufacturing methods and safety requirements
• Design and manage new equipment process development, timing, budget, setup, debug and training
• Work with manufacturing, engineering, and quality to ensure smooth transition from launch process to production setup and implementation at all levels of manufacturing
• Create, Update, and Maintain Manufacturing Work Instructions (S.O.P.’s). Train Operators on Manufacturing processes
• Must be knowledgeable in the effective use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited institution)
• 2 year technical degree or equivalent certifications relating to Industrial Electrical standards and Controls
• Strong Project or Program Management skills
• Strong Technical experience with PLC based controls, HMI’s and control software (i.e. – Allen Bradley; Siemens)
• Strong Technical experience with VFD’s, Servos and other Motion control systems
• Strong Technical mechanical background
• Working knowledge of Automated pick and place, Robotics systems associated to programming and Maintenance of robotic work cells
• Well versed in MS Office and CAD software and applications
• Strong Technical Experience with High Tonnage presses (Mechanical and Hydraulic actuated), Thermo-forming applications, and Material Transfer systems (Proprietary control systems)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment requiring multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize with minimal direction
• Ability to function within cross-functional Teams (comprised of peers and subordinates), utilizing good communication skills and a “hands–on” approach within all projects
• Must be a strong problem solver with a working knowledge of basic Hand-tools and Maintenance practices
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.