Our client’s products help to beat the heat, nix the noise, and filter the rest! They make Thermal and Acoustical Barriers, Automotive Heat Shields, and Insulation Products. Export sales represent about 50% of the company's annual net sales. This company is a huge global player in these industries and is growing their team right now! Respected strong leadership and great team culture.
Exciting new Quality Engineering opportunities in Nonwovens! We are searching for experienced Quality Engineers. You will ensure that quality is maintained throughout the life of a product by interfacing within the APQP process as well as all mass production and service part activities. This includes, but is not limited to, utilizing all quality engineering tools such 8-D’s, Layered Process Audits (LPA), and Statistical Process Control (SPC) to continuously improve internal processes and product quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilizes measurement system analysis (MSA) to track product quality. This includes Statistical Process Control (SPC), I-charts, or other methods. This also includes identifying quality opportunities that need to be addressed in PFMEA and the Control Plan
• Champion the layered process audit (LPA) function for each process within the respective value stream. Will also need to perform LPA’s as directed by various schedules
• Facilitates corrective action teams (8D or 5-Why) to address defective quality in all products within the value stream. Prepares additional documentation at the customers’ request. Ensure all internal and external communications are delivered in a timely manner
• Makes initial quality decisions on products of questionable quality based on the part print, specifications, fit and functionality of the part as well as the customer requirements
• Develops & manages sort procedure for questionable product quality products. This includes customer driven sorts (CS1 or CS2) and internal sorts (GP-12)
• Works with Manufacturing to develop rework procedures for questionable product quality
• Lead all team members on the manufacturing floor to insure that product quality is continuously monitored
• Trains team members as needed to ensure a defect free product leaves our facility 100% of the time
• Develops & manages the dock audit program
• Develops & manages the calibration program which includes gages, check fixtures, and other measuring devices
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited institution)
• B.S. degree in Engineering, Business or related field
• 2-3 years’ experience in automotive Quality Engineering
• Experience with Tier One Automotive manufacturing
• Experience with Automotive Product Quality Planning (APQP) process
• Experience with the Automotive Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
• Computer literate to include Microsoft Office products
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.