Location: Long Valley, NJ
A leading producer of Structural Steel Pallet Rack Systems with the most production capacity within the Retail, Wholesale, eCommerce, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, and Construction industries. Structural Steel is far more abuse-resistant and they guarantee storage rack systems to last! This is why their customers are so loyal. They produce quality storage rack systems that hold up in the busiest warehouse environments. With a network of 10 fabrication facilities, strategically located throughout North America, this company guarantees manufacturing flexibility while meeting tight construction deadlines.
Design Estimator is responsible for Preparing proposals and bids for material handling storage systems for the Region. Review Plans and specification to creatively think on solutions to bring a competitive edge in a sales environment and ultimately gain additional business. This position is located in scenic Long Valley, New Jersey.
• Preparation of quotes and proposals for use by the Sales Team
• Review plans and specs and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates for labor, material, goods and services
• Provide alternate solutions
• Release project scope and get competitive pricing for non-manufactured parts, non-standardized components, labor, freight
• Track changes in scope affecting project
• Follow up on proposals
• Report on successful/ lost bids to management
• Coordinating resources for responding to customer service issues reported by clients or distributors
• Coordinating the maintenance of project and proposal records
• Field troubleshooting of customer service issues
• May call on municipal or private industry representatives such as engineers or other -professional and technical personnel
• This role supports the sales team
• Minimum of 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in a multi-dimensional organization
• Demonstrates leadership, communication, be able to multi task, and have a sense of urgency
• Outstanding leadership skills and a motivating ability, creative and a strategy thinker, effective verbal and written skills, and some Regional travel required
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Engineering or related field from a four-year college or university
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.