Founded in the 1930’s our client produces quality workwear with an excellent finish at competitive prices and in an environmentally conscious manner. Satisfying their clients will always be their primary objective. They are a 'faminational', an international business with social/family values. They give their people responsibilities, freedom, autonomy and trust. To them the employees and the employer are partners at work.
We are searching for an experienced Merchandiser to source and coordinate activity of personnel engaged in purchasing, distributing materials, equipment and supplies in the organization. Four year degree preferred or strong related work experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Competitively source Fabric/Findings (from within specified geographic locations)
• Correlate performance attributes of raw materials to meet a specific customer or sales request
• Price check purchases and questions validity of quotes where appropriate
• Build Files on Fabric/Findings that include hand samples as well as accompany with dated price information
• Build a file of product certifications
• Seek multiple options in order to secure the best outcome
• Build a “back-up” supply matrix so that if we have an issue with prime suppliers we can pivot to a secondary supplier
• Maintain a matrix of all suppliers’ price breaks
• Assist with data entry and requisition work for purchasing
• Check Calculated required Material after seeking direction from planning and operations
• Provides support to upper management in deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development or alliance development projects
• Provides customer service where needed
• Provides input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs
• Follow up on issues with customers; i.e. Labeling confirmation, Sample confirmation, etc.
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.