Site Technical Manager
Location: Greenville/Spartanburg, SC
This is an international world class operation that is diversified and is manufacturing all over the world. They have US operations as well and are growing. They have multiple Polymer Operations in the US. They offer H/D/V as well as a 401K plan with a match. Relocation assistance will be provided.
We are seeking an experienced, Technical Manager to join our Client’s operations group. We are looking for a highly motivated professional who practices humility and integrity and creative thinking skills to lead in the areas of Product Development, Quality, Logistics and Operational Excellence. The candidate must be capable of prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced growing company by bringing new products to market through manufacturing, developing quality systems that ensure success, and reducing inefficiencies. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company in a leadership position.
Cultural Expectations: Lead by example in all areas of environmental, health, safety and compliance. Work closely with other staff members to ensure smooth operations and effective collaboration. Encourage teamwork and support an environment where employees want to contribute to their fullest for the overall success of their team. Drive continual improvement by leveraging excellence through our people, processes and technologies.
• Partner with the R&D group and manufacturing to rapidly bring to market sustainable products that solve complex customer problems
• Drive all aspects of new product development within the operational areas leading up to commercialization
• Ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements through the grade and release process
• Establish proactive focus that maximizes first pass first quality yield
• Minimize non-conforming product inventory with disposition of material in a timely manner
• Direct opportunities for improving existing analytical methods and establishing new methods
• Oversee activities to consistently delight customers with perfect shipments
• Improve loading efficiency and optimize rail / tanker truck loading operations at site
• Lead project to streamline product inventory / product type changes by optimizing production run length utilizing LSS techniques
• Direct process improvement activities to increase product yield
• Lead teams to reduce process variations and improve cpk values
• Lead site to achieve Zero Waste Initiative
• Drive sustainability focus to minimize GHG and reduce energy costs
• Minimum of a BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Engineering, or related field
• Masters in Science or Business Administration desirable
• Project management training/qualifications desirable
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired; Black belt certification preferred
• 15+ years of experience driving fundamental process capability improvements, capital upgrades and supporting new product and technology implementations
• Proficient with polyester chemistry fundamentals and knowledgeable with critical manufacturing processes and associated control schemes
• Experience leading teams, projects, and improvement activities
• Prior supervisor / manager experience
• Interpersonal skills and computer proficiency in all MS applications
• Proficient leveraging statistical tools and methods to answer technical questions
• Must be excellent in written and verbal communication and presentation skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.