Location: New York, NY
This international company is a major player in the Home Textile arena. They are a $1B company with showroom on 5th Ave.
This industry leader in Home Fashions is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to oversee the import of home textile products into a US 3PL warehouse to support our customer’s domestic eCommerce and brick and mortar businesses. This position is a key component of the strategic initiative to increase market share for the company in the US.
The job functions include but are not limited to:
• Work with Outside Sales Reps and company’s management to determine appropriate inventory levels, suggest POs to overseas factory team, and follow the manufacturing and logistics trail from factory to US warehouse
• Assist freight forwarders in landing the goods into US warehouse
• Manage receivables from warehouse and EDI provider and confirm actuals are in line with contract
• Liaise with EDI provider, and manage EDI vendor portal, electronically accept retailer POs and develop system to track invoices due from the retail partner
• Manage incoming POs from brick and mortar customers (both manual and EDI), confirm availability of goods, insure on-time shipment, and invoicing to the retail partner. Follow up on payments and past due balances
• Continually monitor and analyze supply chain costs and make recommendations to reduce expenses and increase revenue
• Insure 98% on time performance metric as required by eCommerce partners
• Study and maintain functional awareness of customer’s logistics manuals and vendor compliance protocols. Suggest best practices to insure compliance
• Interact with vendor traffic department as required and assist in timely shipments as required by POs
• Bachelor’s Degree - Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or related field
• 2-3 years of related experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Complete knowledge of EDI protocols
• Based in NYC
• Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, 401K
Reports to CEO - US Operations
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.