Location: South Carolina
Our client is led by a CEO that is adamant about work-life balance. They are career focused and want to see people progress in their careers. This privately owned, vertically integrated premier textile manufacturer with a global presence and a tradition of innovation was established in 1979. Their state of the art facility located in South Carolina has continued to rapidly expand over the last 39 years. They are looking for a Process Engineer to join their team.
Perform technical tasks that optimize extrusion processing capabilities of yarn process development and verification, utilizing engineering methods and techniques.
Like to have Responsibilities:
• Maintain Operation of Extrusion Plant. Focus on safe, efficient, reliable maintenance and operation of the equipment to insure production of quality yarns
• Identifies equipment problems through routine checks of the equipment and process
• Working with vendors to substitute OEM parts with more economical options, designing and trialing improved parts for equipment, updating older electronics that are no longer supported by their manufacturers
• Develop, implement, and document procedures designed to facilitate the determination and reporting of process parameters throughout the setup phase of production scheduling to assure process reliability
• Recommends designs for special equipment and assists production with product and process research and development programs
• Making repairs, coaching technicians, and designing improvements
• Implementation of new equipment and procedures may require direct training of the plant operators
• Work to support a continuous manufacturing environment
Like to have Education, Experience & Skills:
• BS in Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years of polypropylene extrusion experience
• Technical knowledge and expertise in the extrusion process
• Solve problems through complex analysis and theory testing
• Implement procedures and work effectively with others
• Work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
• Distinguish between colors and yarn quality
• Familiarity with scientific analysis methods such as DOE, SPC, Mold Flow analysis, and FMEA
• Lean Mfg / Continuous Improvement
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.