Product Development Engineer
We are working with a manufacturer of Nonwovens using state of the art technologies offering multiple applications to global clients. They are a strong stable company with huge growth potential! They are a pioneer in the technological development of innovative materials and solutions as well as new production processes.
We have an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Product Development Engineer. Join this strong group of professionals and become a member of a global world class team!
• Develop spunbond products that support strategic business through maintained and increased sales; development includes new product design as a result of innovation, and product or process enhancement
• Utilize Stage Gate project management tool and comply with all aspects of TS16949 (entails documentation, timeline, design plans, budgeting, etc.)
• Sustain product integrity of designed products through continuous improvement opportunities, such as spinning upgrades/alternations, increased quality metrics, and/or raw material sources
• Support commercial team via product education and information (samples, TDS), customer visits, addressing customer issues, and facilitating new customer designs
• Preserve accuracy of product information (TDS), specifications, and formulations. Maintain awareness of new and/or alternate raw materials, processes, equipment, and competitive product development through continuous research using various electronic publications and industry networking opportunities
• Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material, Textile, Polymer or Fiber Chemistry; PhD preferred
• 3 - 8 years’ experience in a product development or manufacturing role in nonwovens production environment
• 1 - 3 years’ experience using a project management tool, preferably Stage Gate
• 1+ years’ experience operating to TS 16949.3+ years’ experience using analytical tools, such as Minitab or similar, and DOE
• Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment, and on multiple projects simultaneously; good prioritization and decision-making skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Solid Excel capability and working knowledge of SAP a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.