Vice President, Brands
We are working with a highly successful textile global manufacturer selling into the Apparel Industry world-wide. We are looking for a Vice President of Brand who will manage a team of top sales people calling on Brands and Retailers.
This person should have experience managing and motivating a team along with a network of contacts with brands and retailers.
Key Responsibilities and Functions:
• Develop sales plans in support of organizational strategies and objectives and coordinate these plans with the direct sales force
• Demonstrate innovative and creative methods to the promotion and sales of products and develop and execute these activities and methods
• Plan and participate in the promotion of products at trade and industry shows
• Build strong and effective relationships with downstream customers and manufacturers
• Maintain technical knowledge of the textile and apparel industry in order to allow effective communication with customers, sales staff, manufacturers, and retailers
• Present and sell current product line
• Correlate project potential and market needs
• Remain knowledgeable and understand fashion trends and trend dynamics and translate these into yard characteristics that can be tested, developed and marketed
• A 4-year degree is required with a preferred major in Business, Marketing, or Textiles
• A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in sales along with the ability to lead a Sales Team is required. Experience in Promotional Activities and Market Analysis is desired. Knowledge and experience of the textile industry along with prior yarn/fabric sales to Brands/Retailers is strongly preferred.
• Requires a high energy level with superior interpersonal and relationship skills, especially listening skills. Selling and negotiation skills, creativity, analytical ability, goal oriented-bias for action, ability to multi-task
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of time
• This position is in the Southeast and the right person must be willing to relocate and work out of the company’s Headquarters. Relocation assistance is provided
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.