Technical Services Engineer
Location: Newburyport, MA
This is a global supplier to the Footwear industry. They continue to deliver new technical solutions to major corporations around the globe in industries such as Medical, Orthopedic, Military, Recreational, Renewable Energy, Aerospace, Transportation and now breaking into the Performance Apparel channel.
A global company is looking for an experience in the Footwear and Apparel industry. This position requires traveling and a go-getter attitude. This position is based in Newburyport, MA. Bachelor’s Engineering Degree in related field is preferred; however, combination of equivalent formal education and technical experience is acceptable. A Master’s Degree would be a plus.
• Operate as technical liaison between sales force, customer base, suppliers, R & D, Marketing and manufacturing groups
• Operate as a member of the Product Development Team
• Stay current with new technologies applicable to growth of the companies capabilities
• Function as a key contact to resolve customer technical issues
• Support Quality Department with Root Cause Analysis, customer visits, etc.
• Work with R&D to develop production trial plans and aide with production trials
• 5 years of Technical/R&D experience
• Background in plastics
• Experience troubleshooting plastics processing issues.
• Experience working with customers.
• In depth understanding of manufacturing environment, in particular, sheet extrusion and laminating
• Ability to interface effectively at all organizational levels, both internally and externally
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask effectively
• Ability to work independently with little direction
• Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time
• Strong computer skills, familiarity with data bases, spreadsheets and word processing
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.