Location: Open - Mid West (WI, MI, IL)
This privately-owned company truly values its employees. They pay 100% of your health insurance and offers profit sharing - Everyone receives a quarterly bonus check based on the company’s performance. For the last 6 years, the company has paid a 40% yearly bonus. The company was founded on the American Dream and still operates by those values. They give back to the community and take on community projects. Additionally, they throw elaborate Christmas parties and have family days. They are looking for an Account Manager to join their team.
The Account Manager is responsible for the overall management of the assigned account(s) including nourishing existing relationships, developing new relationships at appropriate levels, presenting effective solutions to ensure customer satisfaction, retention and profitable revenue growth across all product lines. Through a combination of world class account management, business development and consultative selling, the account manager promotes current and future technologies to established and new customers in order to retain and expand business, resulting in increased profitable revenues. The account manager is responsible to develop a short-term tactical and long-term strategic plan with goals and objectives for the account including:
• The acquisition of new business
• Maintenance of existing business
• Maintaining or improving profitability in accordance with the overall account plan
• Collaborate regionally and globally to develop product and sales strategy and tactics
Key Activities and Deliverables for this position include:
• Maintaining effective internal communication by keeping reports such as account sales forecast, annual objectives, win/loss and other reports accurate and current
• Leading quote efforts including establishing all inputs required to effectively develop costs and establish pricing as well as delivering and presenting quotes
• Obtaining customer commitments (purchase orders)
• Negotiations with customers including those related to new business award, issue resolution and annual pricing
• Lead all efforts associated with customer commitments for annual price downs if applicable
• Perform contract reviews and resolve issues
• Lead all commercial activities until scope is clearly defined and stable
• Participate in and/or coordinate with Program Managers as appropriate for gate reviews
• Lead collections and A/R issue resolution at assigned customers
• Participate in developing our product strategy by identifying customer needs and by gathering and communicating competitive knowledge
• Actively participate in process improvement by participating in department and program meetings
• Leverage customer relations and company’s expertise throughout the organization by arranging meetings at all levels
Expectations/Key Performance Indicators of this position include:
• 10% Annual increase in total sales at assigned Account
• Accounts Receivable past terms at a value less than 0.3% of account annual sales
• Account Profitability meeting or exceeding company’s established profitability expectations
Authorities of this position include:
• This position has the authority to set pricing as long as it is within the guidelines set by the quote process.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education in technically relevant discipline, minimum of Three Years Sales Experience in technical B to B environment selling acoustic absorption products; Proven Sales Record; Technical or Engineering Background
• Proactive communicator and collaborator, strong knowledge of acoustic absorption technology, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing along with strong presentation skills, ability to maintain and develop new relationships, negotiating skills; ability to influence customer decisions, strong organizational skills; attention to detail, financial management, ability to problem solve, ability to travel
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.