Location: Chattanooga, TN
They are a very well-established company and a leading manufacturer of Industrial Nylon and Polyester Yarn. The main objective of the company is to "progress with innovative value-added technologies" by continuously investing in its customers, its shareholders and its employees. The average person encounters their products at least once a day. Amazing benefits.
Responsibility to ensure that manufacturing systems are in place and functioning properly in order to ensure that area production meets or exceeds their internal and customers’ expectations (Quality, Yields, Cost/pound, Reliability, etc.). This involves overseeing process and DCS trends plus project design and implementation.
• Working with the operations team to address technical process issues in the CP and Spinning areas of manufacturing to improve current yields, product quality and prevent poor reliability. Follow-up on various technical related issues with line-management, quality labs, communications with operators, special projects, etc.
• Communication of technical process concerns with senior management. Establishing yearly game plan for the technical/process and quality groups
• Working with the operations team to continuously improve their products and address customer concerns
• Working with the various areas to address customer and operational needs
• Manage the physical properties quality lab and personnel
• General follow-up with management as needed (questions, complaints, technical data requests, etc.)
• General supervisory duties including setting priorities, planning, discipline, working with Technical and Quality Teams to resolve operability problems
Education, Experience & Other Training:
• BS degree in a technical field (Polymer Chemistry or Chemical Engineering). Knowledge in Total Quality Systems, project management and business is also a plus
• Minimum of 8 years of manufacturing experience preferably in the textiles/nylon field. Extended process knowledge related to the products manufactured is a requirement in this role
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Communication with the operations and technical team is very important
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) are also needed
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.