Location: Wichita Falls, TX
They are world's largest manufacturer of vehicle covers. They have several domestic and international plants. They have a strong brand recognition and they continue to expand their products and add acquisitions to their portfolio. It’s a supportive and team oriented environment. We are looking for a Sewing Manager to join our team. Relocation Package.
• Responsible for managing the departments of Single Needle, Double Needle, Tonneau-UVS, Clusters and Maintenance
• Record and chart employee labor on a daily basis for accounting department
• Oversee that supervisors maintain daily attendance records in accordance with Company policies
• Notify supervisors of changes in production
• Oversee maintenance Supervisor and see that downtime is kept to a minimum.
• Solve problems that may arise
• Identify areas of labor improvement and implementation of new manufacturing systems; i.e. Clusters and Eton System
• Stay in contact with Inventory Control Department concerning raw materials and supplies
• Oversee the incentive pay program
• Annually review supervisors working in Single Needle, Double Needle, Tonneau-UVS, Clusters and Maintenance
• Interview applicants when vacancy occurs. Review any warnings or recommendations for discharge by supervisors
• Implement and maintain TS16949, Q1, and EMS requirements
• Prepare yearly budgets
• Monitor the quality levels in sewing areas and do corrective action if needed
• Interact with other departments throughout the company
• Lend support to Satellite facilities as needed
• Open and Close Facilities when required
• Must be able to read, write and speak English. Bilingual/Spanish a plus
• Ability to coordinate multiple personnel on multiple projects with fast response to changing priorities
• Basic math and calculator skills
• Advanced pattern design skills
• Familiarity with advanced sewing skills
• Familiarity with Automotive makes models and styles
• Computer literate
• Supervisor experience / training a plus
Previous Work Experience:
• 3 to 5 years cutting and sewing experience
• Previous supervisory experience a plus
• High school diploma or GED required and/or equivalent job training (3-5 years soft-goods production experience)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.