Plant Manager, Texas
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
They are world's largest manufacturer of vehicle covers. They have several domestic and international plants. They have a strong brand recognition and they continue to expand their products and add acquisitions to their portfolio. It’s a supportive and team oriented environment.
We are looking for a Plant Manager with a manufacturing background to join our team. The position of Plant Manager reports directly to the President and is responsible for manufacturing products, covering the functions of production planning, scheduling, inventory control, cutting, sewing, packing, shop floor control, shipping traffic, maintenance/security and satellite facilities interaction. Responsible for the supervision, training and development of department managers with accountability for the growth and profitable operation of the assigned functions from the business plan. Relocation Package.
• Participates as a member of the President’s staff, helping to establish objectives, policies and strategies for the Company for long-range, short-range and ongoing operational matters
• Keep the President and staff informed on manufacturing capabilities and limitations, reporting performance against planned operation and production schedules
• Develop systems for cost control, operational efficiency and increased production flow. Researches and introduces manufacturing methods, processes and technology to the operation
• Production planning of all products to be manufactured per the sales forecast in any given time period
• Production control or shop floor control of tracking all products through the manufacturing operation to meet scheduling requirements, including Satellite locations
• Inventory control of raw materials and finished goods based on the production plan, using the JIT system and timely WIP shop floor control
• Sewing assembly of all products to meet the production schedule, using the work force across product line
• Packing products in the daily required quantities to meet the production schedule
• Finished good inventory shipping and traffic in the systematic storing of finished goods, picking, handling process of shipping product to customers per packing slips in a timely manner, coordinating shipping traffic of those products to the customer in an efficient and timely manner
• Maintenance is responsible for maintaining the building and grounds, including janitorial duties, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry work and the maintenance of company vehicles, heavy equipment and telephones
• Machine maintenance is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all production machinery and to keep management updated on the development of new technology in the areas of machinery and equipment
• Safety and Security functions
• Interact with satellite facilities to assure that deadlines and schedules are met
• Upkeep and maintain TS16949, Q1, and EMS requirements
• Lend support to all satellite facilities as needed
• Anything else deemed necessary
• This position requires a mature level of manager possessing the leadership skills for supervising first-level managers, the ability to plan and organize the activities through team orientation and a strong background in Manufacturing Engineering and Business. This position requires the ability to use judgment in making decisions pertaining to the operation of the business plan. A qualified candidate must possess a minimum of five plus years in manufacturing/plant management with same multiple plan manufacturing, progressive supervisory roles, and a minimum of three plus years’ experience background in the needle trade
• 4 year degree
• Individual performance and the President’s approval may supersede education and/or experience requirements
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.