Planning & Inventory Analysis Specialist
Location: Los Angeles, CA
They are a leading Apparel company that cares about its products’ quality, the environment and its people. They have an on-site gym and offer free yoga classes twice a day. It’s a very energetic and inspiring place to work with team oriented values. A place where people build relationships and like to spend time together outside of the office. They dye more fabric in the United States than any other Apparel manufacturer. And of course, an excellent compensation package, including health insurance & 401K matching. We are looking for a Planning & Inventory Analysis Specialist who will report jointly to the company’s Executive Vice President and CFO.
The Planning & Inventory Analysis Specialist is responsible to:
• Improve, create, and align the processes of demand planning and production planning to result in an optimal inventory status across the portfolio of product skus
• Ensure inventory levels (mins and maxes) are appropriate to meet demand and that inventory levels are maintained within these established boundaries
• Production planning - assess the processes and current analytical tools being utilized to define a course of action for improvement to create true pull-through inventory planning where established inventory targets determine production requirements and expectations
• Produce a suite of reporting tools to assess inventory and production effectiveness in a timely manner, allowing for adjustments to prevent future inventory shortfalls / other stock-outs
• Assess and highlight opportunities to improve use of current software systems and any automation to improve overall performance in the production and inventory planning processes
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• Detailed background and experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably textiles, in which sales (demand), production, and inventory processes were well aligned
• 5+ years of inventory management / inventory analysis experience
• Strong analytical skills, with a proficiency in creating / programming reporting in MS excel, MS access, and databases
• Strong ability to summarize and present information in an action based format for review and presentation to senior leaders
• Experience working closely with sales and marketing teams to gain demand planning insights around new products (for which historical or benchmark data is limited)
• Experience collaborating with finance teams for accounting and other working capital planning requirements
• Experience working closely with production management teams to align production flow and visibility with inventory management requirements
• Proven track record, with definable examples, of having taken under-developed inventory management processes and improving them to an optimal state
• Bachelor’s degree in inventory management or mathematics / statistics
• Post graduate certification or advanced continuing education specialized in inventory management / analytics preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.