Product Development Manager
Location: Richmond, VA
A solid company that designs, manufactures, and distributes a wide variety of products including Home Decor, Outdoor Garden Accents, Fashionable Gifts & Licensed Sports items. For over 20 years, they have helped support countless independent local retailers. Flags are their foundation, but they are no longer just a flag company. Likewise, they are not just here to sell; they are also here to serve. They enhance life by providing exceptional Home and Garden Decor products known for their quality, beauty and functionality. This company is committed to the practice of free and fair trade and are respectful of their global business partners as well as the environments in which they operate.
The Product Development Manager is responsible for driving product strategy, product development priorities, and product release plans. This position requires close interaction with graphics team, product marketing, and sales teams, as well as key customers.
• Define the product strategy and road map
• Deliver market research and product specifications
• Be the link between sales, production, customer service, and technical support teams
• Manage all steps of product life cycle and report to performance to the leadership team
• Ensure on-time execution of new products to meet release deadlines
• Coordinate efforts throughout the product process including R&D, Sourcing, Design, and product development
• Coordinate catalog and retail execution plans with Marketing team
• Work with planning and allocation to recommend actions to VP of product development
• Develop seasonal plans and inventory analysis.
• Analyze on order for new product
• Proven experience sourcing, pricing, packaging and merchandising gifts and accessories
• Bilingual with the ability to communicate in English and Mandarin
• Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
• Minimum 5 years of relevant product development experience (in a related industry preferred)
• Strong proficiency in MS Office – (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and consistently meet deadlines
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated success in a specialized product line
• Ability to travel internationally 4-6 weeks/year
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.