Location: Manhattan, NY
Vertically integrated manufacturer and exporter of Floor Coverings, highly specialized in Hand Tufted Rugs, Hand Woven Rugs and Hand Knotted Rugs. Backed by over 30 years of experience in the trade, state of the art infrastructure and a stunning product range, their clientele is comprised of some of the most reputed stores and catalogue companies of the world. They have been weaving their passion into exceptional rugs since 1975. Rich colors and intriguing textures shine through the stunning product range. Each rug in the collection is hand-crafted in a choice of fibers and designs that provoke the senses. Ranging from the boldly abstract in turbo-charged colors, to elegant traditional themes with a subtle modern twist, they have rugs that cater to every taste.
This 65 year old family owned and operated Textile/Rug company is searching for a New York based Sales Representative to work in their 5th Ave showroom. They currently have relationships with big box retailers as well as off price retailers. This experienced individual needs to be seasoned in the Rug industry with knowledge and past experience with factories in India. Present, promote and sell company products to existing and prospective customers with confidence. This individual needs to be comfortable cold calling and hungry for new business right from the start and hit the ground running.
Essential Functions and Skills required:
• 5 years Sales experience relating to Textiles and Rug channels
• Existing working relationships with large big box customers a must, Target experience preferred
• Accustomed to opening new business on a regular basis and be able to do so immediately
• Sharp customer service skills
• India factory experience preferred
• Well versed with Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Office
• Superior presentation skills and proven experience in selling a brand with confidence
• Must be able to work independently most of the time and hold a high level of work ethic
• Organization skills a must as well as exceptional follow thru skills
• Be comfortable traveling to customer appointments at least 3 days per week
• Overseas travel to India, Germany and China for industry trade shows as well as Domestic trade shows needed
• Competitive salary plus commission, no health benefits offered at this time
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.