Global Color Masters Coordinator
Location: Johnson City, TN
This US owned Textile Mill is owned by Private Equity and they are investing and in acquisition mode. They have 4 plants in the US and 4 overseas. Good group of people and they offer room for growth. Full Benefits.
The Global Color Masters Coordinator involves professional work in Research, Development, Design, Organization, and Distribution of yarn masters by item. The work involves adherence to standards and management of the color evaluation process and approval methods. This position will ensure uniform standards across all their Manufacturing locations globally. This position reports into the Director of Technical Services and has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Excellent visual color discrimination ability. This is an active role; some sedentary work with computers and some filing is required. Extensive travel (50%) is anticipated for this position. Some overseas travel will be necessary.
• Be the color technical subject matter expert
• Design, Organize, Maintain, and Communicate master standard throughout operations, to both internal and external customers
• Supervise and maintain the master inventory with responsibility to control the timing of rotation or replacement of old or worn out masters
• Oversee and report on the progress of the Global Master Development Project
• Travel to all manufacturing sites to audit and coordinate the master program
• Establish training to develop the proper handling and viewing/measurement of a master
• Review monthly inventory of chemical supplies and equipment
• Interface with site leaders and customers as necessary to maintain the standards of the master program
• Communication Proficiency
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Project Management
• Collaboration Skills
Required Education and Experience:
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• A minimum of three years of experience in fiber color matching, formulation, technical sales, or equivalent is required
Preferred Education and Experience:
• A minimum Associate’s degree or equivalent in chemistry, or chemical engineering is preferred, but can be waived with the demonstrated potential of expected skills and abilities
• Five or more years of experience in fiber color matching, formulation, technical sales, or equivalent is preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.