Location: Hudson, NC
This company is an International company that purchased a company head-quartered in Hudson, North Carolina. The NC company has been in business for 100 years and specializes in Solution-Dyed Acrylic Fiber. They have several brands they own that are well known in the industry. The company has weaving operations in Hudson. Their products are commonly applied to indoor furniture and outdoor application including awnings, boat covers, outdoor casual furniture, umbrellas and more!
We are looking for a team player that will work closely with Sales, Product Development, Design, Finance and Production to bring new fabrics to market. It is a full-time position based at the Hudson Mill. This is more of a technical position, not a design position. It will be Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Converting, creating and modifying design files to loom-ready format for weaving of fabric
• Converting fabric patterns into a repeat style, editing artwork, and applying weave structures
• Track new design file creation for cost purposes and report volume of weave trials monthly to finance
• Create fabric image files and email/download to internal and external customers upon request
• Work closely with the design manager, sales, product development and production teams on projects and requests
• Work closely with fiber and yarn suppliers on existing and new product development
• Must be hands on, willing to frequently walk the weave room to check on weave trials and standard production orders
Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum of 4 years textile design file conversion to loom-ready files using a CAD system or similar software tools
• 4-year college degree in textile engineering, design or textile CAD systems preferred
• CAD and/or textile design experience with working technical knowledge of designing, developing and adjusting fabric files for fabric types including jacquards and dobby fabrics
• Penelope System (European CAD System but will train)
• NED Graphics and/or Jacquard
• Adobe Photo Shop
• Portfolio of work demonstrating past work and breadth of skills
• Other duties as assigned
Benefits and Perks:
• Excellent benefits, medical, dental, vision and ancillary benefits, paid holidays 401k with company match
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.