Location: Seattle, WA
This is a family-owned and operated company that has grown from a one-man operation to an ISO 9001 registered company whose products are distributed worldwide. Their philosophy has been to provide innovative products which include Packs, Bags and a broad range of Clothing. This is a company that understands and supports work life balance. The office culture is laid back and they feel it is important to be comfortable in and out of work. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing company with excellent benefits and compensation.
We are looking for a Planner with 3+ years of experience in the Apparel category to join our Operations team. Your primary responsibilities will include Forecasting, Planning, Replenishment and Purchasing.
• Identify trends or other elements that may impact forecast to ensure the forecast is relevant
• Translate demand into a viable production plan based on forecast, historical demand, capacity, and inventory levels
• Initiate purchase orders for raw materials, finished goods and labor. Create corresponding work orders
• Review and manage the production plan while anticipating bottlenecks and obstacles to achieving it. Revise production schedules when required due to labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions
• Coordinate with all parties to resolve critical shortage problems or emergency requirements that could delay or halt production activities
• Communicate with Quality Assurance concerning inspection priorities
• Handle lead time inquiries and expedite requests
• Inventory control, as needed. Identify opportunities for inventory reductions
• ERP Data Management: maintain safety stock, lead times, min/max quantities, costing, new product & vendor setup, and bill of materials
• Visits supplier facilities, as needed, to qualify them as new sources and assist in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems
• 3+ years of Planner experience in the Apparel category
• Experience developing sophisticated inventory and planning models
• Expert knowledge of Excel with the ability to do VLookups, pivot tables, nested formulas
• Knowledge of apparel tech packs, size grading, embellishing, fabrics, trims, construction, and apparel manufacturing techniques
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to build solid working relationships with all types of people
• Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
• 401k Plan with company matching
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.