Director of Operations
Location: Northern US
Our client is in full commercial production of unique high-quality, single- and multi-material nonwoven products. The production line is fully automated resulting in nonwovens with low-variance weight and superior dimensional stability and mechanical properties. This privately owned company is a relatively new startup and poised for phenomenal growth with state-of-the art- equipment in place. Excellent time to join this group!
We are searching for an experienced Director of Operations to oversee management of all operations and direct activities so that products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives to meet or exceed company goals.
• Leadership: This position is responsible for the performance management of all employees at the plant. This position reports directly to the President of the company. Direct reports include but are not limited to the Production Manager, Quality Manager and Maintenance Manager
o Provide strong leadership and effective communication
o Multitask, prioritize and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
o Increase value of human capital by developing core teams
• Strategy: Formulate and recommend policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability. Work with senior management to:
o Articulate, through a quantifiable vision, goals over a multiyear time frame
o Define internal strengths and weaknesses and how customers, competitors and the economy impact performance
o Define the ‘value gap’ and objectives required to attain desired results
o Identify competitive priorities that contribute most to results
o Develop the plan to achieve results
• Monitor operations for efficiency and safety, ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are met and followed
• Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
• Schedule and lead plant meetings, production, safety and staff meetings
• Direct maintenance department in developing, implementing and maintaining proactive production and facility maintenance plans, procedures and policies
• Direct manufacturing department in developing, implementing and maintaining proactive production control plans, policies and procedures
• Direct quality department in developing, implementing and maintaining proactive quality and safety control plans, policies and procedures
• Direct Shipping and Receiving in developing, implementing and maintaining proactive inventory and shipping control plans, procedures and policies
• Acts as liaison between executives and managers to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results
• Direct and coordinate other essential programs and procedures (e.g., security, training, etc.)
• BS or 10+ years of experience in management, preferably in process-oriented operations
• 4+ years of experience leading a significant segment of a large Non-Woven company or the entire operation of a smaller Non-Woven company
• Must understand Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and be able to perform various functions within these programs; not limited to spreadsheets, graphs, and formulas
• Basic Math/English skills a must
• Must be able to speak, read and write English
• Position is based on a minimum 40 hour work week. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties/production demand
• Must be able to obtain a U.S. passport as this position requires up to 10% travel.
• Must complete DOT/Hazmat, Hazwopper, Stormwater, SPCC & RCRA training once hired
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.