Location: New Jersey
This company has been in business for over 60 years and is selling to all the major retailers in the industry including the .coms. They have a vast product line in Home Fashions as well as Accessories and are continuing to grow and expand. They offer a benefits plan and will provide relocation assistance. This is not commuting distance from Manhattan. You need to live in New Jersey and be able to drive to work and/or be willing to relocate. This is NOT with VC.
In this highly visible position, you will be responsible for overseeing strategies and buy plans to purchase products from overseas suppliers while managing aggressive sourcing policies and developing and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
• Regularly travel to foreign countries to develop new sources, negotiate prices, monitor social compliance and security, and ensure quality and on-time delivery of merchandise
• Establish cost pricing at desired economic levels and negotiate with vendors to achieve targeted gross margins
• Work with QC Management to maintain quality controls and ensure standards are consistently maintained
• Ensure accuracy of all documentation and record keeping for management of monthly cash flow, replenishment business demands, and cost standards
• Work with Import Department to ensure proper and timely documentation of shipments and cost controls
• Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience with strong background in overseas sourcing, manufacturing and costing
• Strong understanding of fabric construction and print techniques required along with understanding of global sourcing trends and strategies
• Outstanding negotiation skills are essential along with strong management competence
• Previous international travel is a must
• Experience in home textiles a strong plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.