Vice President, Sales
Location: New York, NY
This US owned $80MM+ Home Fashions company is a leader in its category and does business with every major retailer in the country. This is a company that is loyal and it has a great, energetic team in place. They offer a creative, positive work place and room for growth. Financially stable company that offers a full benefit package.
We are seeking an experienced Vice President, Sales who will be working alongside the President, collaborating with the design team and working with the production team to ensure product requirements are on-point. The role encompasses direct sales and account management at a wholesale level.
• Partners with company Leadership in establishing sales, margin, and inventory goals
• Analyze business and plan strategically to develop financial growth plans for each account
• Establish growth targets and build effective sales plans that optimize all available internal products and resources
• Work with the Design team to review market intelligence, trends and competitive landscape. Make product recommendations on pricing and gaps in product selection
• Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
• Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
• Establish aggressive but obtainable goals for independent sales representative force and monitors performance to goals
• Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
• Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
• Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
• Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
• Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
• Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
• Account Managers and Third-Party Sales Representatives
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Master’s Degree a plus)
• 10+ year's wholesale Sales Management with replenishment (planogram) product
• Strong relationships with major retailers like Kohl’s, JCP, Big Lots, Family Dollar, Ross, TJX, Burlington, etc. is a must
• Home Textile Experience Strongly Preferred
• Experience with big program Retailers, demonstrated experience working directly with Sales to set sales growth strategy and products needed to get there
• Must have great organizational, operational, planning and communication skills as well as outstanding presentation skills
• Proven Leadership skills (teambuilding, collaboration, effective delegation, training and mentoring)
• You'll need to be respectful, creative, daring, successful and generally someone who enjoys life
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must be able to travel
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.