Furniture Manufacturing Operations Manager
Location: Long Island, NY
This is one of the most successful Furniture and Lifestyle Brands in the industry. Privately held and international with offices located all across the world. They have a furniture division where they need someone that can lead a team of people.
As Furniture Manufacturing Operations Manager, you play a critical role ensuring all aspects of Furniture pre-production through post production run smoothly. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Furniture and/or Production Management. We want to combine our craftsmanship with your modern workflow optimization.
Leading by example; innate team building skills with a focus on quality and employee/team happiness is a must. At a higher level, the job focus will be to provide a key role in responding to requests from 4 managers/2 assistant managers/1 corporate trainer and guiding all aspects of production. You must have a contagious habit of saying "yes we can" in response to a customer request for product and then closely guide the manufacturing team to meet the demand and deadlines.
Core competencies of this position include:
• Ensure our team of xx (and growing) are fully utilized, engaged, and focused on accuracy and quality while meeting the daily demands of customers, sales representatives and production schedules
• Ensure policies and procedures are met as are quality performance standards for our team
• Work with middle management team to create production schedules and confirm deadlines
• Establish and meet deadlines for each furniture team within the department
• Work with VP Customer Service and Education/HR /middle management team on personnel management to ensure we have the best service employees and to provide support to the team
• Identify and remedy issues in real time.
• Report to upper management and/or factories on all production and pre and post issues including, but not limited to, all rush items, production deadline misses (current and potential), and root cause analysis of production setbacks and failures
• Work with management team to collaborate on custom product requests and other production related issues, assessing resource requirements and ordering accordingly
• Manage workflow to ensure all production and communication runs smoothly
• The ability (and strong desire) to take ownership of - and run with - mission critical tasks
• Efficient and detail oriented, and most importantly exhibit an unending work ethic to lead our team
• Managed a team with proven past success
• Exceptional communication skills both internally and externally, with an understanding that our customer comes first
• Exhibit a "whatever it takes" attitude to exceed customer expectations
• Furniture craftsmanship experience a plus
• Prior experience in an upholstery product, furniture, manufacturing, or other production role
• Fluency with MS Office and production management software (Excel or better)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.