Product Development Specialist
Location: Boston, MA
This 6th Generation, privately held company is extremely diversified and that has kept them thriving for all these years. They have great Knitting business where they supply specialized knitted products. They work with Military, Industrial and Apparel Markets. They have very little turnover and room for growth. Will assist on relocation. They are located 15 miles south of Boston.
The Development Specialist is a wide ranging position whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the company has the ability to make new products based on the recommendations of the product managers. This entails, but is not limited to, developing new production procedures and recommending new equipment needed to make those products. Working with the Department Foreman and the Production Manager, the individual will also be involved in Continuous Process Improvement to improve quality and efficiency of making current products. The Development Specialist is also responsible for all lab testing.
The Product Development Specialist will have had 5-7 years in Product Development, Textiles or Fabric industry preferred. He or she should have strong mechanical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail. Utilizes project and process management skills to implement project plans from concept to manufacturing. Effectively communicates with customers, product managers, foreman, machine operators, equipment manufacturers and raw material suppliers. He or she will have the ability to problem solve technical and production challenges and to develop new applications. Candidate should have the ability to work alone or on a team and should be highly motivated. Some computer skills needed.
• The position reports directly to the Senior Management
• Collaborate with production manager and department foreman to assist in the design, development and implementation of new or improved manufacturing methods, standards, testing procedures and tool or equipment designs
• Make recommendations on new equipment purchases or existing equipment modifications based on new products introduced by the product managers
• Make recommendations to improve existing and new products and operation performance to reduce waste and production delays
• Develop and document new procedures, product specifications, testing results and instruction manuals
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of available technologies and new and existing raw materials
• Create samples based on specifications, monitor production process, and track scheduling
• Analyze testing results, production methods and scheduling to ensure optimum time and cost objectives are met and report findings to Product Manager and Senior Management
• Responsible for all lab testing
• Travel as needed
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.